Welcome to our drop-in programs! We are pleased to report we have many fun new events coming up for youths aged 12-16 in Martensville! January 10, 2022-April 8, 2022.
What is the drop-in center?
- A safe place for youths aged 12-16. Everyone is welcome!
- The programs are run out of the Clear-Cut Coffee Shop in Martensville. No snacks are provided, but feel free to purchase food or drinks from the coffee shop.
- Free access to hygiene products, such as feminine products, soap, deodorant, etc.
- All of our programs are run by volunteers, many of whom are social workers or social work students.
- We offer different programming on different days of the week. See below for more information!
Mondays 6:00-8:00 pm:
- Help with your homework!
- If you’re struggling to complete your assignments, or maybe just need someone to help you understand it a bit better, feel free to come down and spend the evening with us.
- Some stationary items will be supplied, such as writing materials.
Wednesdays 6:00-8:00 pm:
- Mental Health Wellness Group!
- We offer information and open discussions on a wide variety of topics, such as healthy coping skills, managing anger, communication skills, addictions education, suicide prevention, grief and loss and so on.
- Feel free to offer suggestions on what topics you would like covered, if they are not included above. We welcome your feedback!
- We ran the group for the first time last year and it was a big success! Most of the youths who attended provided positive feedback.
- They felt safe and welcome. Many benefitted from the education and information presented. Many enjoyed the group atmosphere and the chance to talk to other young people from the community.
Fridays 7:30-9:30 pm:
- Youth Action Night!
- A chance to hang out in a safe space with friends in an informal atmosphere.
- Build positive connections with the staff and other young people.
- Individual support available.
We have been facilitating a mental health drop-in group for youth between the ages of 12-16 years old on Wednesday from 6-8pm in Martensville at the Clear-cut Coffee House. The group offers information, education and skill-building opportunities for those aged 12-16. Topics covered include areas such as mental health, addictions, coping skills, consent, grief, body-image, eating disorders, sexual assault, suicide awareness and more.